January 2, 2019
Canadian Doctors for Medicare (CDM) believes in a high-quality, equitable, sustainable health system built on the best available evidence as the highest expression of Canadians caring for one another. We are a group of physicians and supporters concerned about the increased privatization in Canadian health care and the development of a two-tier health care system that would allow the wealthy to buy private insurance for private care, at the expense of the vast majority of Canadians. We believe that Medicare must be reformed but that reform must take place within the public system so that it benefits all Canadians.
The current CDM Executive Director will be on a leave for 12 months and the Board of Directors is looking for a dynamic person who can provide leadership to our staff and work with an active national Board. The job is based in Toronto. To download this job posting, click here.
The Interim Executive Director will assume all usual operational responsibilities for CDM, with a focus on:
- Building our supporter base and work with large donors
- Evaluating the need for a Development Director to supplement these efforts
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the Board on improving organizational operations and systems
- Supporting the Board and its committees
The Interim Executive Director must have:
- 5 years’ experience in leadership or management in a community organization or similar setting,
- experience with financial management
- experience with human resources
- experience in fundraising both from individuals and organizations
- experience with monthly donor programs and foundations and one-time gift asks
- experience working with an activist Board
- a commitment to social justice and equity
Experience in health policy is an asset, but not a requirement.
CDM supports employment equity. Women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons are encouraged to apply for this position. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.
Start date is early March 2019.